Farmers Market Summer Salad
Sometimes you just crave something super green and refreshing. While the basil vinaigrette may take a bit longer than opening a pre made bottle from the fridge, the bright flavor is well worth the effort!
Fresh Corn Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
- 1 fresh corn on the cob (raw)
- 1/3 -1/2 cup fresh peas
- baby greens salad mix (about 4 cups, or 1 bag
- 1 batch basil vinaigrette (recipe below)
- goat cheese, crumbled
- quick pickled cucumber
- Heat small saucepan of water and blanch peas for about 30 seconds, or until they all float. Strain and set aside.
- Carefully slice corn off the cob.
- Quick pickle cucumber slices by setting in a bowl of 2 tbsp water and 2 tbsp vinegar with a pinch of sugar.
- Assemble salad: place greens mix, half the corn, and peas in a large bowl and toss with about 1/2 basil vinaigrette. Move to a serving platter then add remaining corn and peas, cucumber slices, and crumbled goat cheese. Drizzle remaining basil vinaigrette on top.
1 small garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt, pepper, red pepper, to taste
- Place garlic, basil, oil, and vinegar in a blender and process until smooth. season to taste.